This is what my hair looks like since I've done the No Poo challenge (and this was on a day when it felt kind of greasy):
I'll take it.
So here are some tips for using the No Poo method:
- Try to wean off of washing every day.
- When using the baking soda wash, concentrate on the hairline, especially at the temples. Take your time and rub your scalp in circular motions.
- You don't have to use the vinegar every time you wash your hair if you don't want to.
- If you feel like your hair is getting too greasy, only use the vinegar on the ends of your hair.
- Genevieve from Why Cloth Diaper? gives some tips about using baking soda and vinegar to wash her hair for the past two years.
- Christi has some information about the dangers of chemicals in our shampoos, as well as instructions and tips for the No Poo method on the Nature Moms blog.
- The ladies at Gimme the Good Stuff, who don't always love the most natural products, love the No Poo method.
- Crunchy Betty has a before picture and an after pic, and she even shares a Sorta 'Poo recipe for all of you who think it's just too crunchy to never see lather again in your shower.
- Lisa at Granola Catholic has also blogged about her family's No Poo routines.