Today's project is festive and cute, but it's easy enough for kids to do. And it's eco-friendly, because you can use whatever paper you have lying around the house.
What you Need:
- A sheet of paper for the background
- a sheet of paper for the snowman
- red and green paint
- Raisins for eyes
- Macaroni for mouth
- Sticks for arms
- Have your child paint the background with red and green paint. Go crazy. Have fun. Finger paint! Paint with your nose! Paint with your toes!
- After the paint is dry, draw 3 circles on the paper with a marker.
- Give your child the other sheet of paper to cut up or tear up.
- After all the pieces are torn up, show your child how to apply the glue (we used a glue stick) inside the circles you drew and stick the torn pieces of paper down.
- Decorate with eyes, mouth, and arms.
Tips:You can tear up last year's Christmas cards for this project, or just use whatever paper you have lying around the house.
Go on a nature walk to find sticks for the arms. Maybe you'll find other natural items to decorate your picture.
Check out some of the other 12 Days of Green Christmas Crafts:
Felt Owl Ornaments
Burlap Ruffled Tree Skirt
Easy Advent Calendars
Quick Gift Tags from