Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Make a Paper Christmas Tree (12 Days of Green Christmas Crafts)


When Liz and I were working on our advent calendars the other day, Green Baby customer (and friend) Michele Reid gave us a great idea to make a paper Christmas tree from a book. Apparently this was all the rage in grade school. Liz and I must have missed the bus that day. But we thought it was such a cool idea, especially because we had made a book page pumpkin for Halloween, that we had to try it.

I had donated all my old books after my last yard sale, but I still was able to scrounge up one last book... the one I got for free at my OB's office when I was pregnant with Baby T.

Helpful Tip: Choose a book with fewer pages than this. I would say anything with more than 25 pages or so should work fine.

All you have to do is fold the pages. Open the book and fold down the first page. Crease it along the fold.


Fold the same page one more time as shown. Crease it.

Do this for every page in the book. (I'll admit, I cheated and doubled up on some pages to make it go quicker.) You'll end up with this.

Then you can paint it and add embellishments. Baby T painted ours green and glued on some pom poms.

Here, he was offering pom poms to Little M.

The end result (after a little extra painting on my part. I couldn't help it.)

Check out some of the other 12 Days of Green Christmas Crafts:

December 14: 
Felt Owl Ornaments
December 15:
Burlap Ruffled Tree Skirt
December 16:
Easy Advent Calendars
Easy Advent Calendars
December 17:
Quick Gift Tags from
Kids' Artwork
December 18:
Homemade Holiday
Banner
December 19:
Torn Paper
Snowman

No comments:

Post a Comment